Thursday, May 19, 2011

0 Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary

June 19th, 2010: Francis and Vanessa join hands and hearts in a union of marriage.
It’s been a roller coaster of the year. In a way, we were jilted of our 1st year of marriage together. There have been a lot of struggles. Unfortunately, life threw a lot of things at us that could not be ignored. We both left our jobs. My husband was a miserable work situation. Before we knew it, we were packing his things and he moved all the way across Cebu to upstate Manila. We’ve had to say goodbye to some good friends and move to a new location. I found myself without a husband for a month at a time.
I am still attempting to get used to my new job and in the meantime, the pay cut that Francis has taken has made it difficult to keep up financially. There are days where we are flat broke and other days that us just making it. I knew the New Year will bring better things…
Cebu is proving itself more boring for me everyday. I’ve come to realize that you have to save money to get out of this town in order to break the boredom. People don’t stay here to have fun, they leave. The exact opposite of our old home in Manila.
It’s interesting what difference a year makes. Last year at this time, we were in Manila, preparing for our wedding. Getting ready to exchange our vows of love for each other. I was hoping that this year, we would be back in Manila to celebrate, but life changes things.
But this is a celebration of our love.
Last year, on the day that I looked my most beautiful ever, I said, “I do”. To the love of my life who looked his most handsome ever. With tears in my eyes and overwhelming joy in my voice, I declared my honor in finally being able to call myself his wife. We were destined to find each other and live happily ever after.
Everyday together has been a journey as we explore our lives and desires. Some days were easy, others were hard. We’ve had our ups and downs just like any couple. Oddly, our communication is strongest when it comes to making love with each other as opposed to simple mundane things such as finances. *giggles*
Francis makes me feel like every woman want to be me. He’s fantastic man to be married to. I’m lucky to have captured his heart and his mind. He’s intelligent and creative. He’s an excellent writer with a talent with words. He’s handsome and I love that he’s so much bigger than me. LOL. I feel safe and secured with him. He’s the first person I have ever met that has made me feel that I can count on him to handle things for me. He’s my best friend and might I add an AMAZING lover. I am free to share all my fantasies and explore them with him. We have been and continue to go through an incredible journey together. Looking back to where we were 3 yrs ago to today, we have come a LONG way.
In the end, no matter what happens, no matter who comes and goes in our lives, I know there is only one person I want in it till our days are gone. It’s the man I married, Francis. May there be many happier years together my love. I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...