Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not so long ago, in fact just a few days ago, we were shocked about his resignation. I’m talking about Steve Jobs. I don’t really know him nor most of his achievements. I don’t actually have any Apple products simple because, I didn’t have enough savings to get one. Oh well..
But I have heard a lot of good things about this man. When I learned that he resigned already and saw a lot of tweets about it, I got interested. So, I searched and found his letter online. Here it goes:
“To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve”
I find this really amazing as he was manly enough to say his capabilities and limitations. The things he cannot so anymore and those he can still contribute. Most of people I know are so worried that he’s not Apple’s CEO anymore. Not sure why, as I’ve said, I don’t have any of their products so I can’t verify. Hehe. While watching his 2005 Stanford commencement address in YouTube, I realized, tao lang din siya. He know’s what he can and cannot do. And he won’t force himself to do those things that he can’t do or those which will not be helpful anymore. So nice! Unlike so many people, they die (figuratively) trying their worth even if they really cannot do it. Goosebumps while watching this video.. Yeah, I know, I’m kinda late already, but better late than never, right?
My take away? If someone inspires you, get out and share that inspiration to others.
Steve Job’s  2005 Stanford commencement address

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...