Thursday, April 21, 2011

0 Indian Curry House

I guess my blog is becoming more of a food blog. Oh well, I just wanted to remember all the places I have been to and the experiences I got. This is actually a late post. Indian curry house is located in Almendra St., Mabolo, Cebu City. Everytime we go out for dinner or to get coffee, cab would normally pass by this street. And at the end corner of it, there’s this tiny homey-looking restaurant. While you’re in the cab and you blink, you will surely miss it. That’s how tiny it is. Been telling myself that I wanna try this restaurant. I’m not sure why but I love curry. I love Indian food.
Anyway, it was one weekend when I just thought of eating out alone. I decided to go and try them out. I was thinking that they’re might be close since its a weekend. I didn’t mind because without getting off the cab, I can see if its close or not. If it’s close, then I can just tell the cab driver to get to another place.
The place is really small. I think it can only accommodate 12-15 customers. Well-lighted. Air conditioned. Clean and relaxing. It was being managed by just one waitress that time. Funny was, there were 2 American couples who were also dining there.
I ordered their Mango Lassi (mango shake with yogurt), chicken masala and chicken kebab. Lassi is a popular and traditional Punjabi yogurt-based drink of India and Pakistan. It is made by blending yogurt with water or milk and Indian spices.Traditional lassi (also known as salted lassi, or, simply lassi) is a savory drink sometimes flavored with ground roasted cumin while sweet lassi on the other hand is blended with sugar or fruits instead of spices. This is sooo good!!
Chicken Masala. Chicken cooked in think, mildly-spiced, tomoto-flavored gravy. This is more of a chicken curry with more spices and is really delicious!
And finally, the chicken kebab. It says in their menu Chicken Boti Kabab. Boneless chicken in garlic, ginger and other spices cooked in tandoori oven. Sarap!!


It was a very good dinner experience for me. But for those of you are are not really a fan of hot and spicy food, you can always tell the waitress that you don’t want a spicy food and they will customize your order for you. LOL While eating, the Indian owner came out of the kitchen and greeted me and asked the usual questions if how’s the food and all. I asked him, why there were a lot in their menu but not available that time. He told me that the spices that he ordered from India hasn’t arrived yet. He doesn’t want to serve his food using some other spices. Nice noh? And his cook is an Indian too. The only Filipino I saw was the waitress. Haha!

Rating:
Place: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Food: 10/10
Money: 9/10
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends. And oh by the way, I’m craving for curry again, and I’m thinking of going back this weekends. =)
Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...